When investing in quality home furnishings, you want to protect that investment by maintaining them properly. Here is a short guide to help you easily maintain your curtains and extend their life.Solid curtains only require a regular vacuum and spot clean to stay looking their best.Sheer curtains do need washing as per care label (hanging up wet helps reduce creasing). We do make large laundry bags for large sheers. Laundry bags are free when you purchase our sheers (or come in and mention this post).
How to Spot Clean:
- Read care label
- Test in inconspicuous spot using the following (depending on the type of stain & type of fabric)
- Magic Eraser (try dry first, then dampened)
- Wonder Soap & Water (using a cloth or toothbrush to gently rub mark away)
- Dry Cleaning Fluid (White Spirits, Methylated Spirits)
- Baby Powder may be of use to reduce water marks
Why We Don’t Recommend Washing or Dry Cleaning
- Removes dressing in fabric
- Deteriorate the backing on coated fabrics
- May shrink
- May stretch
- May tear if fabric is weak
Want some great videos on this subject? We have a YouTube channel where we’re always adding new resources!